Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A world outside of reality...

It is after 2 am and I still have so much to get done before I go to bed... or start my day, which ever comes first I guess. I want to give an update before I depart on my next adventure. For the last 11 days I have been on an extended outreach. It has been said that 'a day on outreac is like a year in real life'... I would have to agree!! We left pemba early on Friday August 10. Our team, 16 westerners and 6 Mozambicans, headed to the province of Nampula to encourage small bush churches. They told us that it would be a 5 hour journey... we arrived 10 HOURS later. It was the outreach of all outreaches!!! We went a 5-6 days without bathing and we bonded as a team. So much happened but I just cannot describe it yet... In 10 days we set up and tore down our tents 7 times... we showed the jesus film 9 times... we saw one cobra, one monkey, a few scorpions and one too many latrines... I experienced food poisoning... I also discovered that doing laundry at the river around lunch time is not advisable for women as it seems to be bath time for the village men (who bath while you do your laundry... the sky was beautiful that day). Most of the team is still in Nampula. I flew back to Pemba early because I have been invited to be on a team of people going to the Congo. I leave in 6 hours to go to the airport!!!! I am excited beyond description. The Adventure is Just beginning yet school starts again in just 2 weeks... it is outside my comprehension!!! Well, I basically wanted to let you know that I survived outreach and that I am going to the Congo this week!!! We cross the Border on Thursday and leave again on the following wednesday. I have been waiting for this all of my life!!! I will be putting more pictures on once I get home to a high speed connection.
Love, Blessings, Peace, and Joy Be unto you
Candace of the Congo




YES... I am STILL LOVING it here!!!!!!

2 comments:

tred said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI LAMB!!!!!
MAMA DEANE IS THINKING ABOUT YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU AND KNOWING THAT YOU ARE IN GOD'S MIGHTY HANDS.
I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THAT YOU ARE UP TO!
YOU GO, GIRL!
HE IS TRULY RECEIVING HIS REWARD THROUGH YOU.
MAMA DIN-BIN