Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet plane.....

So, the time has finally come!!! 24 hours from this moment I will be sailing 30,000 feet above this beautiful planet, on my way to see dreams come true (in Africa, not Disneyland). The last three months have been a worldwind of adventures.
~I decided to return to Africa for the Summer
~I told everyone I met that I was going
~I have been given over $5000 from family, friends, and complete strangers
~I learned things in Nursing school that you do not want to hear about
~I have recieved over 3000 bandaids
~I completed year one of Nursing School while planning a 3 month mission adventure
~I have been counting down the days.....
NOW the Count has come to the end....

The last three months have been amazing but I know that they are but a small preview of the next three months. I am still not 100% clear about what I will be doing but I know that God is faithful and this summer will be a summer where DREAMS come true.
A few areas that need prayer as i go:
~Safety in travels (I leave saturday evening and Arrive in Pemba on Tuesday)
~The ability to sleep on the plane (four days is too long without sleep, even for me)
~Speedy adjustments to culture, food, and lanuage upon arrival
~The ability to walk into my giftings and be a blessing to iris ministries
Thank you for your Prayers and Support and I look forward to updating you within the next few weeks.
Blessings beyond Compare
Candace

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man Candace! Your journey to going to Africa has been an amazing encouragement to me:) We miss you already at C&C but are praying for you profusely! I will get in touch with you about meeting up in England k?
Have a awesome God-blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Candace!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I had gotten my act together before you left and called you up on the telephone just to hear that golden tone!

I am praying and blessing you as you continue down that Red Carpet that He has called you down!
SHABBBAAAAA!
-Beverly in Vic

Anonymous said...

Hey Candance,
Just wanted to send my best wishes and let you know that you have been constantly on my mind as your trip has been approaching (even though I missed getting in touch with you before you left!) Congrats on being done 1st year and have a safe and wonderful time in Africa. You are truly an inspiration!
See you in september.

Anonymous said...

Love you candace!!!!!!!! I miss you, but practice is over now! Hope you are having a blast so far and are safe! Love Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Candace!! I hope that so far your journey has been good. I miss you already but know that those children need your hugs and love more then I do. I hope that this summer will bring much more to you then the last one did and I also need to put out that you better come back to us...even just to finish school! I love you and miss and yes even my prayers are all for you.
love ray ray

Anonymous said...

Cheech! I miss you!!
Oh man do i ever. I have no safe haven now.. I guess i better find a good one eh? NOthijngs the same without you.. Can't wait to see your smiling face in september ♥♥♥♥♥
Love Buga Boo