Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Before I Go...

I have heard that just before a pregnant woman goes into labour she goes through a 'nesting' stage.  She gets this urge to clean and make sure everything is 'right'.  I am not pregnant!!! But I am nesting.  The 'due date' is tomorrow and everything is on schedule.  I am officially really, really excited now.  I think (hope) that I have everything in order and I am now working on packing! My methods are a little odd but I am praying that everything will fit!  I have stacked everything on the couch and now I have to get the couch into the bags... I am so thankful for my friends!!
I wanted to quickly update my blog to touch base with you before I take off.  I truly believe that this is an adventure that we are on together!  
I would love and appreciate your prayers!  I start my day tomorrow with a little flight to Vancouver.  I then board a 14 hour flight! I get to stretch for 2 hours in Hong Kong then I board a 13 hour flight followed by a 4 hour flight!!  That is 31 hours of sitting still, and we all know me!!!
Hopefully once I finally get to Pemba (on Saturday) I will get to go swimming before I even unpack! (my bathing suit is in my carry on).  
Quick prayer points: Quick and easy adjustment back to life in Pemba, No illness (not even once!!), that I can learn more of the language, that my practicum would go smooth, and just the basic protection stuff!!  I want to encounter God on this adventure!

I love you guys, thank you for journeying with me!!

Below are pictures of the task at hand.  First a pic of my couch covered in most (not all) of my stuff to pack, then a pic of the three bags I am taking, Then a couple of Laura trying to come with, and then a picture of the couch and bags in perspective... quite a task but it will be completed!!!


















































Love always, Candace of the Bush Bush

No comments: