Saturday, May 16, 2009

I am ALIVE... Really, really Alive

So, I think that it is about time that I updated this little blog thingy :)
Life has gotten busier now, it is so good but it leaves less time for blogging!  I don't really know what to blog today so I will just type and see what happens.  I only have 2 weeks left of my practicum which mean I have been here for three weeks!!  In one moment I feel like I have been here for years and at othe moments it feels like I arrived yesterday.  I have finally settled into a routine... of course the routine will change when students arrive and my job changes but for at least a week and a half, I have a routine.  Why is it that as humans, we so need routine??  The two strangest things about my routine are: a) I start my day before 6am! and 2) I have to clean my feet before bed every night... or my blue sheets turn a reddish brown.  The best part of my routine is the starbucks coffee that I brought with me!!
The missionaries have really embraced my presence and that feels really good.  I am now to the point that I am wondering if I really need that last year of school or if I could just stay here forever...
Even as I typed that I could HEAR my Aunt looking at me... no worries, I will be home the day before school starts!
Well, I know that I am rambleing, I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am doing very well.  The bed bugs are GONE, praise God!  I had a quick tummy bug but it is gone and I am washing my hands like I have OCD!  I slowly learning more portuguese... pray I pick it up quicker, sentences would be good.
Well, Love and hugs and back rubs
I will let you know when something unordinary happens!!

Candace

1 comment:

Aunty Dale said...

Yes my neice you HEARD right ....I was thinking of a firm post as I read that and then LOL really really loud! when I read that you could hear me all the way from Jakarta!
Glad to know you are getting settled.
Much Love the Aunty that can be heard from afar :)